SUN. MAR. 19 DAY 14 MOSHI-AMSTERDAM-TORONTO

The flights home were, for the most part, routine and OK. We slept for a bit, endured an hour's delay in Amsterdam, ate lots of airline food and finally got home. The long wait at the luggage carousel nearly did me in: my feet and knees were killing me.

Then, through the doors to see Lou, Mom, Marlene and Tristan waiting for us. It was a happy reunion indeed ! There were jumbled words of welcome and "glad to be home" and tears and hugs and hearty congratulations. I couldn't believe we were home ! After a short visit, I said an emotional "so long" to Jeff, the best of brothers and my incredible travel companion, and we piled into Lou's car for the short drive home. A glass of champagne for welcome and then Lou took Mom home.

I sat in my house, bewildered. Did it actually happen? Was it a dream? I didn't know what I felt, I didn't know how I should feel. Surreal. Dazed. Proud. And bone weary. I'll need time to make sense of all this. But for now ..... zzzzzzzz !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUN. MAR. 12 DAY 7 BARRANCO-BARRANCO WALL-KARANGA

WED. MAR. 8 DAY 3 MOSHI

MON. MAR. 13 DAY 8 KARANGA-BARAFU